How to replace fog light bulbs (And
match the factory HIDs if you like)
NOTE: The PIAA Super Plasma fog bulbs pictured below have since been discontinued. PIAA does make the Super Plasma GT-X but they are not as good a color match as the original Super Plasma. If you have pics of the GT-X bulbs that I can post here for comparison purposes or a're aware of a better match please contact me.
I installed PIAA 55W H3 Super Plasma Fog lights to match the factory
HIDS. The fogs were purchased from Options
Auto Salon. I'm really happy with the results. An excellent
match with the
factory HIDS in my opinion. The install process is pretty simple:
1. Jack up car or put car on ramps
for easy access.
2. Remove screw, bolt, and plastic
pop tab from plastic guard underneath the fog light.
3. Unplug wiring harness using a small
screwdriver to press the release tab.
4. Remove 2 bolts from the back of
the fog light housing.
5. Push on the back of the fog light
to pop it out.
6. Remove the back of the housing
by unscrewing counter-clockwise.
7. Remove screw holding metal pin
down and disconnect the black bulb connector by wiggling connector
back and forth while pulling.
8. Perform steps in reverse order
taking care not to touch the bulb.
Did this help you out? Feel free to throw us a bone to help keep housecor's how-to's hosted!